Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Whoops...

So I've been a bad blogger...I stayed away longer than I meant to (after looking at the last date I posted)! However, I was also very bad about staying away from my beauty channel on YouTube. And don't even get me started on how long I've been away from that blog! Haha.

So a brief update on my life in the last almost-month hiatus from blogging. What really started my hiatus was the weekend I was supposed to do the research on options for first-time homebuyers in Altanta. I still plan on doing that post, and I started my research, but ended up going outlet shopping with one of my Atlanta girls. I was pretty good at the outlet. I didn't buy anything...that is until I hit the shoe store. But in my defense, my doctor has me on a strict flat shoes only "prescription" until I can get to a podiatrist to check the tendons in my right foot. But I did some great bargain buying! I bought 4 pairs of shoes for under $99. Not bad, right? And then a couple days later I got hit with a pretty bad cold. The kind that leaves you feeling sort of feverish for a couple days and you want nothing to do but lay in bed and sleep. I did that. In the evenings anyway. The running around to doctors appointment has taken up all my spare personal time, so i was still going into work.

Hmm..financial updates? My 1 year anniversary with my company came up. I had my review and got a nice little raise. Not quite what I would have liked, but a raise is a raise. And in this economy? I'm lucky to be able to get a raise at all. I may not be making as much money as I would like, but I am thankful for my job. The higher-ups in my department know my potential and in the last year have given me a lot of opportunity to grow in my position. And as a result, I've actually started thinking more about the possibility of law school (I communicate a LOT with attorneys and our legal department pretty much all day). But for now, I'm thinking about getting a Paralegal certificate. Maybe. I'm 26 and I still don't know what I want to do with my life! Is that bad?

Bill Day 1 for October has come and gone. My breakdown for so far this month:
 
Student Loans
$   50
Credit Cards
 $ 325
Car Insurance
$   89
Total Paid
$ 664

(Again, Student Loans actually paid this month is $250 thanks to my parents!)

And I'll end this post with some recent financial news I received this week? My minimum payment on my student loans went DOWN from $157 a month to $115 a month! And best news yet: I am officially under $40,000 debt as of this month!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Congratulations on your one year & decrease in student loans!! Awesome work!!

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

Post a Comment