Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Money Saving Challenge 1: Home Cookin'!

Two days in a row! I'm on a roll! Haha.

I wasn't feeling too well today, so I trudged through a day of work and came home and crashed for about 4 hours. I blame the not-feeling-well on the junk food our department paraded on a cart through the halls today. Twice. It's national payroll week! Did you know? Since I'm technically in the payroll department, I get to be part of the celebrating all week.

So this afternoon (before the onset of upset tummy from junk food), after playing some Wii with my coworkers (another perk of National Payroll Week), I wandered aimlessly in one of the cafeterias to figure out what I wanted to get for lunch. My usual is to just head for the chicken tenders because there's never really a line, but today I settled on a yummy tuna salad on sourdough (I always forget about the deli!).

So, $4 spent, and I've decided I'm going to challenge myself to make my owns meals everyday for a couple of weeks. Weekdays, anyway, I often leave weekends for catching up with friends/family, which usually means lunch or dinner and/or drinks somewhere. I've actually already cut back on purchasing a lot of meals on the go, but I've never really made it a point to challenge myself, and now I have this blog to sort of force my hand. So in preparation for tomorrow? The easiest thing I could cook at 11:00 at night: whole grain rotini and some frozen meatballs with a marinara sauce. And tomorrow night's chicken is going to soak overnight and all day in a delicious marinade made of tequila and Italian dressing. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment