Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Always Remember....

So I was on a roll with these daily postings for 2 days, and then I failed.

This weekend has been pretty busy considering I really would have preferred it to be a complete rest weekend. I did a great job taking my lunch into work on Friday, and then ended up not eating it (though I had it for lunch yesterday!). For lunch Friday, my office treated us to a pizza day for our last celebratory day of national payroll week. Then Cheesecake Factory for dinner and drinks on Friday night with my friend Keisha. Saturday I sort of stayed in bed for the better part of the afternoon and watched my beloved Gilmore Girls - forgot how much I loved that show in high school! Then went to a wedding for a childhood friend, where we were served hors d'oeuvres and some Korean food for dinner . And today I cleaned, ran errands and met my brother and a bunch of his friends for a quick lunch at Chipotle. Yum! So over all, I really didn't do too badly about eating out this weekend. I spent $36 total between drinks and eating out. *pats self on back*

Errand-wise, I would say I did pretty well. I'm attempting to shop sale only items, though I caved and bought my favorite hand soap for full price because I'm picky about how things smell. But otherwise I picked up 4 - 12 packs of Diet Coke for $10 (after the $3 in "extra bucks") from CVS, and 2 bottles of contact solution for $12 from Target. And I bought a funny Halloween card for my youngest brother and a guy that I've been talking to (again) lately.

Note to self: set up a lunch date with my friend Stephanie, who has agreed to teach me her couponing skills! She has gotten into the habit of posting her awesome finds (like....$100 something worth of groceries for $40!) on facebook and I'm jealous. I mean, I don't have a husband and a baby to shop for, but hey! I'll take the savings in whatever way I can get!

Dinner tonight: more delicious Korean food with my brother and his new roommate. Mom made us a bunch of food before she headed out to a church event. Think I'm going to steal some pre-leftovers before the boys get here so I have something yummy to take for lunch tomorrow, which marks Day 1 of 10 taking lunches to work :)

Now onto something completely unrelated but nonetheless important to me, considering I am an American. I'm not going to post some sappy poem, song or comment about it being the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 but it is definitely something that has affected me, though not nearly as much as anyone who lost someone dear to their heart. I was a sophomore in high school, sitting in my Geography class when I first heard what happened. My teacher turned on the classroom TV and we watched in silence (and in my case, complete disbelief) the replay of the first tower being struck by a plane, closely followed by the replay of the second tower being struck. As the day went on and we heard about the crashes in Virginia, my emotions went from disbelief to fear, scared that something would also happen in Chicago. Thankfully, nothing major happened in Chicago that day. My heart goes out to anyone that lost friends and family during that hard time 10 years ago and I am thankful to say no one that I personally know was a victim of 9/11. I have nothing but respect for the people who helped in whatever way they could, whether it was actually physically going out there to help with search and rescue, to donating money and time to help those in need. It is truly inspirational when you see a community/city/state/country/etc., stand together to help one another. And

0 comments:

Post a Comment